

Text in art is probably my favorite, so I found a great deal of the artists listed very interesting. But, I guess some who stood out the most for me are Barbara Kruger and Jenny Holzer. I really enjoy the graphic nature of Barbara Kruger’s works and how bold each piece is. I think the fact that she uses a limited color palette also reinforces the boldness of each piece. I chose Jenny Holzer as well because I think the idea of projecting words and phrases on landscapes and buildings is pretty awesome. It is so cool to me to be able to view the text on such a large scale and the idea of being able to move it and place it wherever you feel is appropriate. I think it would be fun to see one of her projections in person and to also watch and see other passerby’s reactions. I feel another reason both Kruger and Holzer’s work hold my interest is the images they choose to place the text on keeps me thinking about why they would choose it for that particular image or choose to project it in that particular place and I find that really appealing.
No comments:
Post a Comment